Share in "Active and Inclusive Engagement" with Your Colleagues
Join us as we celebrate and promote a culture of teaching excellence and innovation at Texas A&M University!
The Office of the Dean of Faculties—in partnership with faculty, student leaders, the Office of Undergraduate Studies, the Center for Teaching Excellence, Instructional Technology Services, and each of the colleges—is planning a unique conference to serve the professional development, networking, and mentoring needs of faculty who teach.
Instructors and support staff of all ranks and titles are invited to attend this faculty-focused, university-wide event.
About Transformational Teaching
Transformational teaching acknowledges that learners are not passive, empty vessels waiting to be filled with knowledge but that they are self-regulating, active co-constructors of knowledge. Transformational teaching uses any method, system, approach, or practice that affects shifts in learners' mindsets and worldviews in an empathetic, caring, cost-effective, and timely manner. Student-centered teaching empowers students to be both engaged and responsible for their own competence in a discipline, exercising the skills necessary to improve their capacity as lifelong learners.
Through a combination of exciting conference activities and various presentation formats, we seek to:
- Feature faculty projects that promote engaging, innovative, and inclusive student experiences
- Give voice to the everyday excellence of faculty
- Encourage critical thinking and civil dialogue among faculty and students about learning
- Honor and showcase faculty recipients of prestigious teaching awards
- Host nationally recognized keynote speakers
Learn more about the conference.