Share in "Employing Creativity to Inspire Learning" with Your Colleagues
Join us as we celebrate and promote a culture of teaching excellence and innovation at Texas A&M University!
The Office of the Dean of Faculties—in partnership with faculty, the Center for Teaching Excellence, and each of the colleges—is planning a unique conference to serve the professional development, networking, and mentoring needs of faculty who teach.
Instructors and support staff of all ranks and titles are invited to attend this faculty-focused, university-wide event.
About Transformational Teaching
Transformational teaching acknowledges that learners are not passive, empty vessels waiting to be filled with knowledge but that they are self-regulating, active co-constructors of knowledge. Transformational teaching uses any method, system, approach, or practice that affects shifts in learners' mindsets and worldviews in an empathetic, caring, cost-effective, and timely manner. Student-centered teaching empowers students to be both engaged and responsible for their own competence in a discipline, exercising the skills necessary to improve their capacity as lifelong learners.
Through a combination of exciting conference activities and various presentation formats, we seek to:
- Feature faculty projects that promote engaging, innovative, and inclusive student experiences
- Give voice to the everyday excellence of faculty
- Encourage critical thinking and civil dialogue among faculty and students about learning
- Honor and showcase faculty recipients of prestigious teaching awards
- Host nationally recognized keynote speakers
Learn more about the conference.